In the latest release ServiceNow offers a significant number of excellent new features to its customers. Few are listed below for quick reference. The list was prepared by referencing to ServiceNow’s public docs site.
More info about the New York release: https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/newyork-release-notes/page/release-notes/family-release-notes.html
1. Now Mobile Apps : The Now Platform now has 3 new mobile apps in the Apple Store and in Google Play. ServiceNow Agent for ful fillers, Now Mobile for end users, and ServiceNow On-boarding for people teams. More info: https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/newyork-release-notes/page/release-notes/mobile/mobile-employee-rn.html
2. Guided Application Creator : With the New York release, there are more no code tools available such as the Guided Application Creator. More info: https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/newyork-release-notes/page/release-notes/application-development/guided-app-creator-rn.html
3. Investment Funding : Part of IT Business Management the new Investment Funding app helps with planning and managing investments. More info: https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/newyork-release-notes/page/release-notes/business-management/investment-funding-rn.html
4. Instance Data Replication : Instance Data Replication automatically replicates data onto one or more other instances. More info: https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/newyork-release-notes/page/release-notes/now-platform-capabilities/instance-data-replication-rn.html
5. Automatic Instance Cloning : Automatic instance cloning helps with cloning instances automatically on a recurring basis. More info: https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/newyork-platform-administration/page/administer/managing-data/task/schedule-cloning.html
6. Natural Language Understanding : Natural Language Understanding enables the system to learn and respond to human-expressed intent to trigger user or system actions. More info: https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/newyork-release-notes/page/release-notes/performance-analytics-reporting/natural-language-understanding-rn.html
7. ITSM Roles : The ITSM Roles plugin provides several new roles across ITSM applications. More info: https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/newyork-it-service-management/page/product/incident-management/task/req-itsm-roles-inci-mgmt.html
8. Remote Tables : Connect the Now Platform to external data sources to retrieve external data. More info: https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/newyork-release-notes/page/release-notes/now-platform-capabilities/remote-tables-rn.html
9. Virtual Agent Conversations : Several new pre-built topic conversation flows are available in the New York release. More info: https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/newyork-release-notes/page/release-notes/it-service-management/itsm-virtual-agent-rn.html
10. Dynamic translation : With the use of translation service providers, dynamically generated text can be easily translated. More info: https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/newyork-release-notes/page/release-notes/now-platform-administration/dynamic-translation-rn.html
11. Automated Test Framework : Open Service Portal Page - Open a portal page in the Automated Test Framework. When building automated tests, test designers must first open a page in a portal before testing UI components on the page.
12. Antivirus Scanning support for attachments : View the health status of file attachments in Service Portal. Antivirus Scanning scans files in the Attachments [sys_attachments] table by default. When viewed from a Service Portal page, attachments may not be available for download depending on their health status.
13. Search Analytics & Suggestions : Generate relevant search suggestions for your users and monitor search analytics to understand what your users are searching for. When you enable Search Suggestions, suggestions appear automatically when users enter text into search fields in the Service Portal.